Saturday, January 24, 2009

Twist on th 365

Yep, it's true I've been compelled to do the 365 challenge but with my own twist. Yes, I know I already did a twist - creating 365 layouts this year, but I am upping myself one more. I am really considering doing the 7 photos a week challenge but with a theme.

For example, I don't know how many of you know that sometimes my mojo works without any pictures. Really, sometimes I just see some papers together that I think work and I create a page or two and then I look for pics to match. Finding pics that match is hardly ever an issue because I have about 10,000 pics still to scrap. I know, can you imagine. Yes, I scrap almost daily but still the two huge photo cases I have are full and I have photos in envelopes everywhere. But, I digress.

I figured I could create a weekly layout with space for 7 photos on a common thread. Some ideas floating around on my head:
My 7...
favorite photos
favorite restaurants
people
paper lines
layouts
foods
craziest students
favorite spots
kid quotes
tv shows
movies
songs
favorite places to shop
must have items
flowers
tools
places to visit
best pieces of advise - no photos of course
parent quotes - you know the ones about 5 mins of peace
favorite people in the world
favorite presents over
and of course over 30 more - I said it's a work in progress.

So, I want everyone to know that I took a pic of my steak at longhorn because it will qualify under something somewhere and when I get there I will have the photo.

So, now that my memory card has 1223 photos I will start getting my weekly sheets done so that I can start taking photos again.

I am a gluton for punishment. But, if I told you that my family was full of natural born posers would you believe me? Well they are - I have the 10,000 + photos to prove it.

So, join the challenge - get it scrapped and get it done. 100 years from now it would be awesome to have some great grandchildren somewhere looking at pictures of their great grandma and her crazy favorites like starbucks and coney island and feel the salt air and taste the steak. It's all about the memories.

Happy Scrappin!

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: