Monday, January 19, 2009

it's been a while...

I know it's been a while but don't worry I haven't returned to my bad days of yester year. I've been so SICK like a dog - I spent most of yesterday sleeping after violent throwing up spells with a headache. Can you imagine that combo???

Well on to more interesting news....

First - don't EVER shop at Therapeutic Skin Care and Spa in Fort Myers - irresponsible, unreliable, and just Shady.

Do visit Bellers Spa On Colonial - their massage therapist is awesome - shout out to Kathy. Thank you kathy you are a lifesaver.

First, I want to thank all the ladies who came in for Saturday's crop for being so sweet about everything. You just rolled with the punches - my kind of ladies!

Also, I wanted to talk about something really interesting about Saturday night. I had 3 young women crop with us Saturday. They aren't the typical Dee Shoppers - no kids, not world traelers, no husbands, no dogs to scrap about, in fact they are teenagers - they scrap about themselves, their dreams, their hopes, they were awesome. They reminded me of why I began a journal as a kid - to write down my dreams for a wonderful future. I thought it was so awesome and refreshing to see young ladies spending money and time to preserve their memories and staying out of trouble. It's so easy to get in with the wrong crowd - to go out partying, to get pregnant, to do drugs. Their is so much ugly going on and then you see young ladies like these - spending a Saturday night out together doing something for themselves - and staying out of trouble. It was refreshing to see. My girls have been scrappin' for years and I hope that when they get to be teenagers they consider the choices - the options and choose to dream and make those dreams come true versus hanging out drinking, partying and having sex. Don't get me wrong they will eventually get themselves into trouble, breaking curfew, drinking, etc but I hope to prolong it for as long as possible. For now, I will keep sharing my love of scrapbooking with them and provide another outlet for frustrations and build a stronger bond with my girls. Cause, 16 is just around the corner.

Finally, the next reason I haven't been on blogging is because I have been busy ordeing from CHA. Although the show isn't for another week - the sneak peaks have been awesome. So. I've been sending emails and making calls, and so much more.

I have already ordered the new:
Jenni Bowlin
Fancy Pants
Cosmo Cricket
Webster's Pages
Scribble Scrabble
My little shoebox
and more, more, more!!!

As for the layout count...

LO 21 Beautiful fish - daily grind fancy pants
LO 22/23 Going Apes - October Afternoon
LO 24/25 It's a small world - oct afternoon

I know I've fallen behind - but I've got orders to place - I'll catch up!!!

Our first "new product" arrives this week. Yep!!!

Write soon,

Dee

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey hooker! lol About time you post again! Sorry you have been sick, always over the weekend! Never fails.

That was crappy of that theraputic place to stand us up. But I think everyone understood. It was so out of your control.

I see you are tryin to catch up. I better get crackin. I didnt do any scrapping yesterday. But I am workin on Megan's Christmas day stuff right now!

So don't hold out on us. What new stuff is comin in this week and when?