Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where did the time go....

I can't believe that a week has gone by since I last blogged. It is amazing how fast time goes. Sorry ladies!

As for what's happening, I must tell you that I am in love with the chipboard albums from Fancy Pants. I am working on one for a christmas gift with some of the new and old CI christmas paper and it is so easy. I always hate to put these things together - because they can be a real pain and lately I've been all about the layouts but I've decided this year to give some homemade presents (haven't we all) so I decided to give them a try and it has been easy going (unbelievable - huh?).

This is what I did and see how I got my moneys worth.

First, the mixed up kit has enough chipboard in there for 3 different types of albums - a small square one, a small rectangular one, and a mixed up shapes one. Or if you feel adventurous you can mix them all up. But, the answer is always the same you can get 3 mini albums out of one. Woo hoo.

Next, the chipboard is the pop out kind which means you have a template to use to trace from. This means that the paper will fit easier and a lot less distressing, filing will need to be done - who doesn't love that????

Finally, choosing the paper was easy - CI's christmas lines are awesome. I love it. It has several diecut papers, a glitter one, and several flocked ones and the script and musical notes one is gorgeous.

Putting the paper on the chipboard I thought was going to be the real issue - since my 7 year old used up my glue stick and put back in my bag without me realizing it was empty.(anyone else ever have that happen?) So, you should have seen my face when I went to stick it down and it was empty and I was miles away from the store. I twirled my bag around and opted to use my brushable glue - what the hay, it can't hurt - I have nothing else. And although I had tried their glitter and their other glues I had never tried the brushable glue. What was I going to do? Let me tell you, I went for it and I love the look of it. It's durable, easy to apply, and is undetectable.

But, the story doesn't end there. I've decided that these two are an awesome mix - so I want to share it with you. I have the mix-it up kits at the store right now for just $5.99 each and if you want to try the glue out we can special order it and get it to you by the end of the week for just $3.99. So, for $10 dollars you will get enough chipboard to make 3 albums and enough brushable glue to finish all 3 projects. That's what I call a christmas present that keeps on giving!

The base for my sample is done and I hope to have the sample ready for you all to see on Monday. Come in and check it out or check out our blog - I will post pictures here. Let me know if you want the christmas deal. The paper is already available at the store for you to purchase - we can also pull some of this if you like and believe me I think you will like!

Well, I'd better go finish up the last minute details on my christmas project.

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: