Tuesday, September 15, 2009

listening to chilldren talk

always make me so old. Their problems, their conversations, their thoughts are just so simple - it is really heart warming. Only if these days were so simple. With this economy and life itself it's hard to think about any little thing is just so sweet.

In the car on the way home this afternoon my two little ones were talking and this is how it went -

Amanda "my brother got me a a high school musical book from the library"
Nikolas "I took it out for you but I need to take an AR test on it"
Amanda "I'm already on page 4 - I want to take an AR test on it too"
Nikolas "I'm on page 6 - I took it out for you but I still need to take a test for AR - I know what I will do I will read it to you. Tonight, me and you I will read to you"

Problem solved, the earth continues to spin, and my son is doing something awesome for his baby sister. He picked a book that he knew his sister would love. Then, he worked it out so that they could both take a test on it and meet their goals.

Sometimes, not often enough, I feel like I am doing right and today was one of those days. It really shows me that I am doing right by them. Who can ask for more than that? So, hug your loved ones a little tighter because sometimes simple doesn't exist. But, for those moments that it beams on you, it's priceless.

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: