Thursday, March 05, 2009

I am feeling better

I was talking to one of my parents yesterday and without realizing it before, we have become friends. It is so important for me to keep in contact with my parents, but this year I think I have made friends out of several of them.
Back to yesterday, after about 30 minutes of just random ramblings, she told me about how important it is to keep positive about things. That as bad as things can get, that it really makes a difference. After she left, I thought about all the harsh realities she had faced recently, but how she always managed to come in and help my babies out, help out with preparing materials, organizing the library, testing for AR. Always with a smile on her face, even through some very difficult issues and I really truly felt so much better about being sick and tired all the time and life and the store, etc.

Today, I gave it a try. I am trying to bring positives into my life (something I had heard about in Oprah a few months ago, too) and I actually do feel better. I feel tired but that's expected. I got everything done today that I needed to finish including all the assignments for one of my classes. I read all my emails for yesterday and today, and I have time to scrapbook tonight. I am blogging now and the pink paislee came in...yeah!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the flowers and Rebecca said the Chipboard was her favorite. Bonus - some of it is going to be part of one of our kits this month. The rest of our orders look like they are going to arrive on time tomorrow. YEAHHHHH! I finished my lesson plans until after spring break next month. YYEEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

We are on day 64 of the year and I am on layout #94 - maybe I'll crack 100 tonight.
We have several people signed up for our NSD crop in May and my daughter is going to be 11 tomorrow and I have 12 followers. YEAH.

How fast does this work...
Has anyone tried this visualization thing?
How did it work out for you?
I think it's more about appreciating the good things that happen and glaze over "the other stuff" I can hang with that. It's kind of the half full versus the half empty. Which is really weird because I am usually a half full kind of gal anyway. I think being sick so long warped my brain. Maybe it the new medicine that is recentering me...I don't know, but I truly feel more at peace. I think I am going to make to these 2 classes without killing someone. At this point, I am midway through both. So, I am chugging along at a consistent pace. Yeah. I actually have time to take a little nap and reboot and then scrap the night away. How did that happen?

Yeah - visualize it.

Well, those are my pearls of wisdom for the day and I'm either going to nap or scrap- both very good choices. YEAH!

Write soon,
Dee

7 comments:

Heather said...

If the one daycare kid leaves early enough I am planning to come in tommorrow night. I need to sign up for NSD crop. My mom is coming down in time for the April crop, and is going to stay long enough for me to go to that one too.

Heather said...

Duh I posted this on my blog! I got the dingus gene again
Thanks! I had to have something different. I could take the dots anymore. It was really easy to do. Go to thecutestblogontheblock.com Lotsa cute stuff & They give you directions. No downloading just copy the code and put it in the add a gadget part under the layout section. Their is a thing in the list of gadgets for javascript/html.

I only cracked 100 counting your way lol. I should be working on a page for the challenge kit. Pictures are printed, just need to do it.
So we can get something 40%(minus the usual exceptions), actually 2 40% off things, and then everything else is 11% off tommorrow? Am I understanding this right?
Yes have those kits done woman! I dont know what they are but i am sure I need em! You are open till 6 right?

Dee said...

Yep, we are open to 6 and yes you will need both the kits.

Also, you got it right. You will get 2 items at 40% off and everything else will be 11% off.

I know I rock!!!

Dee

R. Dorrian6 said...

FYI - Heather
If you pull out the last few lines of the code that you pasted into the gadget for your blog background You can get their "cutest blog logo" off your blog.
Renee

Heather said...

I guess I need to start reading all the comments. I just found several u left me here. Oh yeah apparently I left Sharons Urban Lily letters there?

Heather said...

I guess I need to start reading all the comments. I just found several u left me here. Oh yeah apparently I left Sharons Urban Lily letters there?

Heather said...

Renne, Thanks for the info!