Wednesday, February 04, 2009

So much to share...

Well it's true I have so much to share.

First, sorry about how long it has taken me to post again. I went to the Drs. for Amanda yesterday and decided that 2 weeks was too long to have a cold and decided to get myself checked out, too. Well, guess what, I have Broncitis, so I have been sleeping most of the day away. I am way behind on my two on-line classes so I will probably not blog again until after Sunday which is when everything is due.

So, I have a lot to share. For example, Prima shipped it's first order today - it is due to arrive next wednesday. Yeah!!! Brand new flowers, ribbon, and bling. I can't wait - but remember we ordered 6 of everything so don't wait too long because I am sure it will not last long. The last big order we got from Prima sold out in 3 days except for a couple of items.

Next, I have an awesome husband - but most of you already know this. He just got me an awesome brand new camera - it's a SONY cybershot again but it's a 13.6 megapixel.
I now have the wire to start downloading photos again - the kit photos will be up today and I hopefully will get flickr to work and upload some more photos up on our blog.

I also have started working on my 365 layouts with my fav 7 foods.

My mom left Monday and my sister left yesterday. So, I have a huge mess to clean up. Can you believe it??? I probably have done 5 loads already today and I will probably have to do 10 more before the week is over. Unbelievable. Plus, all the sheets and blankets. And the weather is getting even worse. Now, my 9 year old has a 102 fever.

Let's think about something else...

Oh and the beautiful new paper. I have created a few new layouts with the twitterpated paper but I need to add photos so sometime tonight I will post the new lo's. I need to get it all done today. I plan to sleep tomorrow all day and then work on my homework.

Finally, I have to share what happened to me on Sunday.

Sunday was Nikolas' 9th birthday. He wanted us to take him to Mike Greenwells. While there my mom made a new friend named Sparkle. As I sat down and joined in in the conversation, I announced that I knew someone at her kids' school. I told her I knew Jen Edwards and the woman's breath just skipped a beat. She asked me if I really knew Ms. Edwards. Ofcourse, I said. Then, she proceeded to tell me that most heartwarming story.

Ms. Sparkle is a single mom of 2 teens. She was a motivational speaker that was working coaching others to think positively, to do well, and be successful. The new manager's job that she filled was quickly terminated when the economy started to plummet. This woman received a call from "an angel". Mrs. Edwards called her to tell her that her son (the student gov't president) had not been wearing his glasses. But, while she had her on the phone she wanted to know if her team at Cypress Lake Middle, could adopt their family for the holidays. Ms. Sparkle said sure, why not. She said that Mrs. Edwards had saved the holidays for them. You could here the warmth and love in her voice and she described how all the presents were wrapped and label and signed adorably "rudoulph, and prancer, etc". She said that Mrs. Edwards had renewed her faith in humanity. I shed tears at this true inspirational story.

When I first opened the store and Jen E became a store designer I was very happy to have her on board, but I have never been prouder than to hear this story. Jen has had a very hard year and instead of wallowing in her loss she has enriched the lives of so many. But, the best part is that she didn't brag about it, or post it anywhere, or make any big fuss about it. She did it quietly and beautifully with no intentions of getting praised or bigger rewards. She did it all because she could - those are the biggest heroes. In times of economic distress true heroes emerge everywhere around us, look for the silver lining, believe in a better world and become a hero to someone, somewhere, sometime!!! Do it because you can...believe me the universe will repay the kindness - not because you have an exterior motive.
Consider this the first step towards becoming a better person. Don't we all want to be better???

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: