Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Busy, Busy Beaver

Hello,

Yep, I've been a busy little beaver. I had like a flurry of activity as you can see from the samples on the blog. All that paper just had me so inspired. I am completely in love with mm flower patch. I used a whole bunch of the stictched flowers and the buttons and the journaling pages and the tags and the butterfly clips - I love the butterfly clips. I am obsessed with butterflies. Oh, okay I love it all. But, the funny thing is that I used it for all types of layouts not your regular springy layouts. The My Mother layout is actually a photo of the two of us on Christmas Day and the the friends 4ever layout is of Mikaela with her best friend Marina at Marina's 12th birthday party in January. The butterflies layour (my fav) was actually of Amanda on one of her dress-up photo shoot for absolutely no reason. I love when I can use something in a different way than expected. It is super exciting. As for the love letters from mylyb I had a smaller flurry of activity. But, I have a few things in my head I need to find photos for - so expect a lot more with that paper - especially the diecut paper.

Then, there is the fact that some Fancy Pants is expected on Friday. I am drooling over their Summer Soiree and their Krafty Kuts - OMG it's beautiful. Check out the sneaks they are awesome. I'm in love. And guess what some of it will be in our February Challenge Party Kit - so get ready to have some fun!!! Yep, BRAND NEW paper in this kit but I'm not telling anything else. It has shipped, let's just hope it gets here in time.

And talk about getting it here in time. I ordered the paper for crop weeks ago but due to some technical glitch on their end the embellishments were shipped and not the paper...can you imagine that? So, after finally getting it all squared away, it is being rushed and will be delivered on Friday. But, the best part is that since they were shipping me an order they added the monkey paper that was sitting on my backorder - so that monkey paper will be here too. Yeah! I love it when a plan comes together.

I also hit the scribble scrabble blog on my daily computer journey and I found a really cute layout that I'm scraplifting with the new paper and Jen S. made 2 layouts with their new paper - so check them out - they will all be at the store this weekend. Oh and don't forget we still have room for our crop on Saturday and I have a very interesting gift card holder challenge that Kellie told me about. You won't want to miss out. So much beautiful stuff so little time.

As for the rest of me. My dad is doing well. YIPPEE!!!
The other day I was talking to someone that had no idea about my dad and was saying that once you have cancer you never completely get rid of it. That it just keeps coming back stronger each time - and I'm thinking in my head - oh god please no!!!
But, I am keeping HOPE alive.

I was reading someone's blog a few weeks ago and she was talking about how she picks a word for the year - a word something that she plans to embody, believe, execute, etc. And, after several weeks I too have chosed a word for this year - HOPE. That is my new word for the year - I HOPE to do many things, be many things, etc. Really. Keep HOPE alive.

Today I even cooked dinner at home. I know, amazing, because everyone knows I'm not any good at it - plus the fact that it's 2 days in a row. So, I once again HOPE that it's edible.

Well, I've got to go my oven roasted chicken is calling my name. Please HOPE that I don't accidently poison my children.

Write soon,
Dee

2 comments:

Heather said...

you crack me up woman. Free myself, lol. I would expect like you said to be doing more 1 page layouts since I am counting the 2 pages as 1. But I still mkeep doing them. If I count each like you said I am up to 84.lol

Diana said...

OVE LOVE LOVE that you have included links to your favorite blogs, not that have much time to look at them (who does) but I know I dont have enough time to search for them and they have such CUTE samples! so THANKS