Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's about the journey

As part of our valentine's day we rented some movies. One of them was Swing Vote with Kevin Costner. Did you guys see this movie. It was pretty good but I found myself saying to my husband who was quite unhinged by the ending that it was all about the journey. Yep, sometimes it is all about the journey. I think that's probably why I don't scrapbook chronologically (not that there is anything wrong with that - It just stifles my creativity). I need to highlight those moments that are important to me when I think they are important. It is about my journey. For example, I try to keep current scrappin my favorite photos at that time. But, I go back months later and look back at the photos that were left and always find something that I need to scrap now or that is relevant to me now that back then I didn't think was so important. Like Amanda's love of bears and Mikaela's silly grin or Nik's fake sleeping. They just focus on other aspects of my kids or my life that appeal to me. So, yep it's about the journey. I think it always has been and will be. Isn't it?

What is is for you...do you scrap for the pictures, the memories, the product, the design, the creativity? What makes you keep on keeping on???

Share your story with us.

Write soon,

Dee

No comments: