Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm trying

Now, that my husband has to pick me up everyday (since Albert has a REAL job) I have been spening a lot of time at school - until 5 and 6 pm everyday so I am getting my online coursework done (okay maybe not really) but not much of anything else. I am scrappin strapped. I think I've gotten like 6 or 7 pages in almost 2 weeks. I am quickly falling through the cracks. It's crazy. Where does the time go???

I know I need to do it! I get home and I look at my desk and wonder between printing photos and making dinner if I ever will have a chance to sit and spend time playing with paper, laughing at the photos, remembering the moments, writing how I feel. I really need to get it down.

In these tough times it's so easy to give up and think we don't have the time or the money or the skills to continue. But, I have to tell you that I have hope.

Seriously, I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm being honest. Isn't that what we are supposed to do on our blogs - speak what's on our minds, what we think, feel, want, need, love. I think that is what has attracted me to the blog that it has scrapability to it. But, I digress.

I really do feel hopeful and unless everybody else starts to feel the same way things will not get better. We need to take an active role in the economic mess that we are in, spend, shop, support your local stores, celebrate, believe in, aspire to be, do it all. Things will get better. Really, cause I can't see them get any worse unless we do nothing.

Today, I got word that we lost another cousin in Puerto Rico. Life is so short. Don't sit back and "do nothing." Do something, anything, whatever it may be whether it's getting a new journal, buying a new dress, maybe some pretty flowers or some delicious chocolate. Do something because you just don't know.

I love to listen to Gabriel Iglesias - he is a plus size Mexican comedian and he has this joke about how he doesn't want to die thinking he didn't eat that piece of cake he wanted - so eat the damn piece of cake!!!

Well, I've got to go I'm all over the place today.

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: