Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oops, I did it again...

When I sat down yesterday I had all the intentions in the world to play with that gorgeous Mango Luau and had some photos for it. But, on Saturday I printed 140 new photos and when I actually sat down to scrap I wanted to play with those - so I actually had a Jenni Bowlin day. I got 6 layouts done with it. I know I'm like that. My photos just took me somewhere else.

I think that's what keeps my mojo going - that I just go with the flow - there are no rules - it's about having fun. If I was being pressured into my scrappin' - I probably wouldn't get anything done. I had someone in here on Tuesday who scraps like me - to unwind. Really that's what it's about for me. During the school year I take on a huge responsibility with each new class - new issues, new families, new kids, new problems, new expectations. This is stressful. I am responsible for making sure that these kids, no matter what, succeed on those pesky little test at the end of the year and my kids do it. But, it takes an unimaginable amount of work to get them there. I scrap almost every night to bring down from it, to calm me down, and sometimes to think through the issues and come up with new solutions. So, sometimes my layouts are a little crooked, or don't look like what I had imagined, or are just missing something - but that's okay because at the end of the sesssion, I am once again whole, back to my self, feeling relax, and just plain being me.

So, imagine my relief at being done with school especially after the fantastic scores we got. Last year, the first week after school finished I got like 50 layouts done - I am definetely chipping away at that - I might even beat this record. Our paper is so much prettier than last year. Not that last year's was bad - just it keeps getting better.

Well, I'd better go, let's see if actually get to the Mango Luau today - so many choices.

Write soon,

Dee

No comments: