Sunday, June 07, 2009

oh my gosh...

I didn't realize that it's been so long since I blogged. It's weird how time just flies by. This week will be no different. School ends this week, which means we will have 2 billion administrative things to do before we are done on Thursday. OH my! Plus, my ESOL class will be accelerated once school ends from weekly assignments to daily assignments - I tried to go ahead but at this pace I am only 1 day ahead. OH my! So, I've been a little nuts.

But, on the other hand I got a chance to scrap today - OH my! I actually got to work with some of the new jillibean soup - love the journaling blocks - they are really cute for cards too. I also had a sassafras thing going today. Sassafras is not one of those papers to be taken lightly. It's busy and can be hard to work with if you don't have a plan. But, it is so much fun when you do get a feather in your cap. Today, I got a feather in my cap about Sassafras. I have loved them for so long and they just keep reinventing themselves and coming up with such new and innovative stuff. I loved them since I opened the door at dee's. I loved them before the funky edges and the stitched blossoms. I loved them before most people knew they existed. For some reason, like Bo-bunny and Fancy Pants I really get them - it feeds my funky side. I know it sounds kind of crazy but it's true. I love scrappin and all that it involves - funky paper for when I'm feeling funky, fun paper for when I'm feeling like fun, bright and bold when I am feeling bright and bold. I love the way that my layouts reflect who I am and what I feel. So, today I'm funky. Yep, funky. But never fear tomorrow is another day and I will be something else - maybe it will be silly or fun or smart but it will be me. I love the possibilities. Don't you???

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: