Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How sad...

it truly is. The last day of school is always bitter sweet. I love that the year is over and that I will have some time off. But, I think of the kids and the parents and the year as a whole and I miss them already. Last night I stayed up till almost 2 working on two minialbums for my super mom volunteers. As I looked at the pictures I laughed as I remembered the silly or funny things they said and did. I had a wild and crazy bunch this year but I would not trade them for anything. They finally got themselves together and made me proud.

When I gave my Super Mom of the year her minialbum she burst into tears making me tear up. Although she speaks very little English you would not believe how strong a helper she was all year - the kids respected and listened to her. They even did as she said - even when she spoke to them in Spanish. So this is a shout out to all the mothers that besides giving up their lives to be there for their children they also find time to come into the classroom and make it just a little bit easier on us. Thank you for cutting out all the eggs for the easter baskets, for drawing flowers for the kids to color in for mother's day, for spending hours reading AR Books to them, for donating candy for the party, fruits for snack, supplies for assignments. Whether you are a stay at home mom or a career gal - mother's are the unsung heroes. Although Mother's Day is long gone we should get over that and make ever day a special day for your mom. After all, doesn't she do that for you?

Celebrate the Mothers that you are...live freer, laugh louder, breathe deeper, dance slower, scrap you... be mom!

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: