Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We are almost there...

I am so happy to say that my dad came out of surgery and really looked good. Yippee.
I want to thank everyone who has been praying for him. Thank you.


Moving on to a happier topic, I am so excited to announce that several shipments are on their way to us just in time for the crop. I am super excited about that. I can't wait to play with all the new stuff. I also just talked to Ines and she has not only one but three double dees she is working on for this weekend. So, if you haven't stopped by this weekend will be wonderful with awesome new layouts. If you are not sure which designer she is - remember the layout with the Sharon Ann Christmas paper that we completely sold out of with the bling on the ornaments that was hers as well as the one that sold out with the webster's pages and the one with the CI red christmas paper and the paper tree on it. So, ladies get ready for 3 awesome double dees and remember when they sell out they are gone for good so don't wait too long.

While I was in the waiting room for 13 hours I was thinking about things that we could do for next year and I came up with another of my brilliant ideas (well atleast I think so - maybe you won't agree, but it doesn't hurt to think out loud!)
I was thinking about a one pager for under 5 challenge. I read this scrapbook magazine from europe somewhere and they have these less then 5L challenges - and I think we can do that. I was thinking about doing another monthly $5 challenge. Where everybody gets a kit for less than 5 and everybody creates something with it that month and brings it the following month to share with the group and pick up the next less than 5 kit. I think it can be done and with the economy the way it is we can be frugal and still get cool layouts done. This way if you join both clubs you'll be guarenteed to get atleast 2 layouts done every month - that's a guaranteed 24 layouts a year. That's awesome, something new and something old, a cheapie, and a challenge.

Tell me what you think about that idea. I am excited to know.

Also, tell me what you think about the new designer submissions. I am dying to see their projects. I wonder what awesome ideas they came up with.

Well, I've got to go. I've been up since 5 am and I have a pint of choc choc chip ice cream with my name on it.

Write soon,

Dee

No comments: