Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Girlfriends Crop Mania

Hi everyone,

I am in NYC and all I can think about is all the cool stuff I am going to get for the crop. I was just going through my CI order and damn they have some awesome product. The journaling/dicut tags and the antiquities paper, oh and the doily, oh and lets not forget the renaissance paper. SO much to play with and I don't have any scrappin stuff with me.

Today, I flew in to NYC and guess what...it was snowing. Do you guys know what that means to me...aaaauuugggghhhhh. It's one of the reasons I moved out of here to begin with. The temperature was just not for me. I don't mind the visit as much as the snow--- it's messy, and dirty, and grey. It's awful and what makes it worse is that I don't have any scrappin stuff with me. Everybody knows what airport security is like - you can't even travel with a cutter bee and scrappin without a cutter bee is just not scrappin.

But, I digress. Back to the crop. I have so many ideas in my head. I don't know if you all will have a chance to get anything done. I have the cutest challenge in mind and if I can get on the plane with coquito (a tradtional puerto rican holiday drink) I will share it with you ladies at the crop. It was delicious last year when my husband made it, but my mom made these and they are superior.

I am in NYC for my dad - he is having surgery tomorrow. So, please add him to your prayer list. We really need all the prayers we can get. We are all just sitting and waiting that's the worst part. So, what do I get to do instead of worry, I blog, I shop, I plan, I make list, games, you name it, I've done it. I'm getting a little stir crazy. But, that only means more fun for you. One thing I was thinking about was our sale. I was thinking about how if you spend $150 you get 50% off so it's actually only $75 - during the holidays it is so easy to sneak that sale under the radar...especially since men hardly ever give you a gift card to a specialty store. Instead they think a Michaels card is the best they can do - you can shop with a % off coupon all the time you can't do that at Dee's all the time. This is just another one of those tricks I had up my sleeve before I became a store owner. I kept secret stash, I sold albums, I saved the change from the groceries I was pretty set-up when I finally got my husband to take me the local specialty store in NYC that was over an over away - but so well worth the trip. I loved walking down the aisles and touching, matching, seeing all the pretty new things - all the glittery stuff, all the different color combinations. I can't believe that after all these years I still can't live without all the latest papers, the cutest ribbon, and the coolest embellishments. My hottest new favorite has to be the diecuts with glitter and the journaling diecut paper. Awesome.

Well, my mom just forked over some old issues of scrapbook trends that I don't have so I will have to bid my goodbyes - I am going to see some eye candy.

Write soon,

Dee

P.S. Check out the new additions to the calendar for next year. I am so excited. I am even have the challenge kit planned in my head for January. I might not be able to hold on to January to play with some of the stuff.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad your dad is doing well! I see you rescheduled the relaxation crop for January. I hope I can get a babysitter. I also see that the challenge part thing is only an hour. I thought it was going to be like a regular crop. Hopefully I can swing by for a bit and my brats will behave. I think Autumn wants to do it too. I like the 5 dollar cheapie idea too!