Sunday, December 07, 2008

It's me again

Hi Everyone,

So, I lost my mojo yesterday and I didn't get anything done at the crop. What is a girl to do?

It is so easy to get frustrated and walk away from scrapbooking and get nothing done. Just let it go, it's too hard, or I'm not creative enough, or I don't have the right "stuff" or enough "money". Their are plenty of excuses. But, it takes a stronger person to get through the hump and keep on going. We are mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, cousins, aunts, women (oh and some men too) - we are capable!

This weekend I had someone ask me about the pile of layouts on the back table and if they were all recent and mine. Yep, most of them are mine and I did make them recently. How do I get it done, with 5 kids and a day job and the store, etc. Excuses for not doing it I've got plenty of, but I am the family historian. I need to do it for me, for my children, for my sister, for my husband, for my friends, for those who came before me or those who will come after. I know I am getting sappy, sorry.

But, the reason I got back into scrapbooking in the first place is sappy. I was watching that Oprah episode where she talks about the woman who was dying from Cancer and had made videos for her daughter for all the special days in her life, advice on life, love, men, etc. It made me think, wonder, worry. What if I died tomorrow what would my children now about me and what I loved, what I enjoyed, what we did together, what made us laugh, what I cherished most. Would my husband understand that he was the love of my life? Would the kids know, why anything and everything? Will my parents live on forever in my pages? Can you just smell my mom's roast pork through the pages, or hear my dad pretending to speak Chinese? What if...

So, I began to scrapbook our story and I've never looked back - Of course, I've lost my mojo at times, but this reason always seems to bring me back. It reminds WHY, I do it, why it's important.

So, if you are having a loss of mojo, read this, remember this, your story matters and no one can say it the way you can.

So, go on tell your story!

Write soon,
Dee

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok maybe I am just out there, but what is the challenge?