Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New glasses...

Yep, next month I turn 40 and that means my eye checkup was way past due. Okay, the fact that I couldn't see the parents who were waving at me from down the hall was the actual reason - but I'd rather keep that to myself - okay just between us. LOL.

That's not all of it. I took mini me with me and that girl is just like her mother. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. But, I just can't believe how it happened. I was talking to a friend today and I was so happy in 11th grade when I was finally wearing a size 0. I was always the tiniest kid in my class - okay don't laugh for real - I was a size 0 at age 16. Yes, I was wearing glasses since I was in middle school. But, the rest of me took a really long time to grow up. But, it seems that my daughter has skipped all of that. She's 11 and wearing a Young Miss 13 - what does that translate to??? I don't even know. But, it gets worse, she's near sighted like me. She's already wearing a b cup - okay that's another secret just between us - she would kill me. But, still - how did that happen?

I am really feeling old. When, did that happen?

It's weird but I am actually looking forward to turning 40. I think it's going to be awesome. I told someone the other day - Jen P at the store on sat - that it only gets better and it's true. My life is so much richer now than 10 or 20 years ago. I have real friends that have stuck around through the craziness and newer friends like suze q who is a kindred spirit. She is just hilarious. I laugh so much when I am around her. To some of you she is known as my monday friend. She was one of my parents last year. She is just an amazing woman and it helps that she puts up with me. Which means that together we are like high schoolers. Age is just a number. SO, forget about acting your age and just act or perhaps scrap - life is too short.

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: