Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wow, that was fast

OMG!!!
I can't believe how fast this week went by. It is Saturday all over again. I wish I could say that I was busy scrappin all week. But, I haven't. THIS has been the busiest week I've had all year. Since Monday, my life has not been my own. You know, those pesky little kids are into everything. Tuesday - I worked late - the end of the school year is nuts. Wednesday I had to actually wash some dishes - why do I have a 20 year old at home? Just kiddin Albert. But, once I cooked dinner, got a couple of loads done and folded, HELPED Nikolas with his homework, it was time to put the kids to bed. Another day shot. Then, Thursday was the Talent Show - my girls are Alva cheerleaders - oh yeah! Then, Friday was Career Day - I had 30 minute sessions with various classes. The funny thing is the boys really got into it. In every single group except my own class - the boys were the last ones to leave. Why??? I figure it gives them a chance to be creative and not be stigmatized about "girly scrappin." They have to do it - it's Career Day. I actually had a 5th grade male student - who I had several years back in my class tell me that he still has the journaling book that I gave him years ago. Every year I give my kids a scrapbooking journal to work on over the summer. It meant so much to me to know that he kept it - not his mom or grandma - he kept it. Are boys becoming more sensitive??? Well he certainly made me feel good.

Then, we had a good crop last night - lots of talking but no real scrappin done. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. A croppin day. Yep, tomorrow we have another crop from noon to 5. The store is open so come in and shop or hang around with us. I will be croppin'. We still have room.

Well, before I go, here is my count:
LO 218/219 Field Day 06 (1-2 split)
LO 220 My grandma
LO 221 My boy w/ basic grey
LO 222/223 You're the coolest friends
LO 224/225 Laugh

Heather Count 169
Day Count 31+28+31+30+30=150
I'm rockin it!

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: