Saturday, May 16, 2009

I love looking at the goodies

Really,

I just don't know what it is. everytime we get in some new stuff I just have to use it right away...I can't wait until I have the right photos or what theme I am going to use. I just need to use it. Yep, I am one of those backwards scrappers. I create layouts and then I find pictures that go and so on. Really, I am not kidding. I do it backwards and as many of you have mocked me I have gotten a tough skin on the topic. But, what really makes it worthwhile is when someone else tries it and it works.

Really it does.

But, you need some basic guidelines to do something like this.

For example, you have to have tons of photos. See, for a person like me who has 1000's of photos - you are always bound to have a photo that matches - believe it - I have scrapped 10 year old photos this year - it works.

Another neccessity is being an embellishment Ho-ar. Why you ask? Because you are guaranteed to have stuff that matches in your stash - and isn't the goal to use up your old stuff so you can get new stuff???

Another thing is that you have to invest in alphabets. You wouldn't believe how many layouts get their finishing touch from the perfect alphabet - but you have to be wise about your stash - using them and then forgetting about them is not "getting your money's worth". You must learn ways to alter letters so that you can get more for your money - like using an h as an r or f as a t - of course depending on the font. Another tried and true way to use up that alphabet is to create altered alphabet titles. You have it in you stash so get the most out of it. If it's not in your stash - thickers are a great investment and if you are on a budget just use the coupons on them. I get so much from thickers - the textures, the sizes, the colors. Doodlebug alphabet stickers are also a great investment - they are awesome and at a 1.99 very reasonable.

Once you've got your stash in front of you, find a great sketch - check out http://www.pagemaps.com/ site from Becky Fleck. It's awesome. Then, create your layout. Finally, find some photos that match. While you are at it pull out some photos that call out to you and make a favorite photos layouts - no time wasted and two ideas are down in just a short amount of time.

Try it out and let me know if you still think I'm crazy.

Write soon,

Dee

1 comment:

Heather said...

Think your crazy? Hmmmm lol So where's your updated count? How do I know how far I have to go if you dont keep it updated. And what's this about having to use old stuff in order to buy new stuff? I thought we were just supposed to buy whatever catches our eye!