Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stress relief...

This weekend we are celebrating my 40th birthday and christmas in a big two day bash. Which is so awesome. But, like any party, it takes a lot of work to plan and execute these things - all the new product and the classes, and schedules, and challenges , etc. It's a lot of hard work by me and the entire team. But, there is always a silver lining.

Last weekend Amy M came in with a little cutout quote that she received and that I wanted to share with all of you:

Research indicates that scrapbook writing (or what we call journaling) can help to relieve stress, enhance your immune system, heal inner hurts, and help focus oneself in an empowering way.

Did you know that?

It makes sense. It is a stress reliever. It has literally saved my children's lives. I would probably be in a 6x10 cell screaming "I'm going to change my name" "or is a little peace and quiet too much to ask for" or "Did you hear me?" or even better "Because I said so". Any of these sound familiar? You know they do.

But, really it has helped me through so many things. Some layouts causing tears of happiness, while other tears of understanding. It has been a form of therapy - a lot more expensive form of therapy - but therapy none the less. LOL

So, there you have it - another reason to scrap: to stay sane. Choose sanity - scrap instead.

Write soon,
Dee

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey you! Thanks for the coments. Almost to the big 4-0 huh? Have fun at the crop! I miss going to crops.