Thursday, November 05, 2009

Somber mood...

All week - i've been feeling odd. Like something was wrong. Just a bad omen feeling. But, I just couldn't put my finger on the reason for distress. Was I just going crazy. Then, in conversation it came up.

This week it makes 6 years that my mother in law passed. She was one of the good ones. Although she had her moments - we all do. She was fair and decent, she was a good cook and loved the kids to death. She would fly to nyc for each birth and spend several weeks at my home taking care of the kids while I recovered - cooking, cleaning, washing clothes. Basically, she did it all and if my husband even looked at me cross eyed she would straighten him out. I was a good woman period and he'd better apologize and behave. She was a good women. But, cancer ate her up. In 8 months she was gone. It was sad to see her become a shell of the person she was. I was sure that she was going to make it. If anyone was going to make it it was her. I was so sure and still 6 years later it seems unimaginable - unbelievable. But its true.

This weekend I will pull her photos out again and remind the kids of the beautiful person she was. But, this year it will be different. Because I think I am finally ready to scrap those photos. No more boxes for them.

Another reason that I scrap besides as proof of the good times (evidence) - out of respect and love, to honor those who came before us and left a mark on our lives.

Take the time out and do that - honor someone else. Remember the good times and share them. And hug those dear to you closer, love them deeper, and cherish them more.

Respectfully yours,
Dee

1 comment:

R. Dorrian6 said...

(((HUGS))) Hope scrapping the pics helps.

A good scrapping blog that shares layouts of people they have lost is
"Good Grief"
http://www.goodgriefblog.com/

Sometimes those pics are the hardest ones to scrap.