Sunday, November 08, 2009

Just a week away....

In one week I will be forty. The big 4-0. Fortunately for me I am like fine wine I get better with time.

Honestly, I am just happy to make it to 40. Every decade marks the beginning of a new life for me. In my 20's I was young and single - hanging out at the clubs, smoking, and drinking. My 30's were about settling down and raising my children in my own home. So, what will my 40's be about??? What will happen next? What will my next adventure be??? Who knows???

Yesterday, my two little ones were "battling" with their new swords and shields while I was eating breakfast. I told them that they were so cute and that I would take photos later because I was already late to the store. They were quite understanding and agreed to pose later. I went to the store, worked late, went out to dinner, etc, etc. Arriving at home many hours later. My children got ready for bed and then ran in to remind me that they needed to pose for the "gladiator photos." Wow, my babies wanted to pose for pictures of those everyday moments. No, not of the gladiator shots but what they are willing to do to get out of going to bed on time. What they failed to realize is that I am not a newbie - I am old pro at this. So, after just getting 5-6 shots off they went to bed - no 2 hour photo shoot for them. Much to their dislike. Oh well.

But, those are the moments. The everyday moments that take your breath away (believe me getting my two little ones to agree to anything is short of a miracle). So, there you have it - another reason to scrap - to capture those everyday moments that might not really make sense to anyone else but mean so much to your family - like Nik's pictures covered in magic markers, amanda'a half shaved phots, mikaela's eyebrow escapades, albert in his messy shirts, jj's silly grin, the kids falling asleep in the back of the car on the way to nyc, and they just go on. Scrap them and record those everyday moments that only your family can appreciate and let them feel through your layouts all the love that you pour into them when you create them. Isn't that why we scrap - out of love.

So, bring it on 40's more everyday moments that will take my breath away. I can't wait...

lovingly,
dee

No comments: