Saturday, November 01, 2008

How's it going???

As for me, I have a layout in my head I need to get out. Have you ever had that feeling or rather urge to do something NOW? Okay, maybe it's just me, but I tell people this is not a luxury for me - scrapbooking is a neccessity. I can see the headlines now - Local Teacher and Mother of 5 KILLS... Not for nothing, but life is stressful - whether it's the job, deadlines, a business, the spouse, children, or even planning a party of any kind - nerves can become frazzled and frayed. I need to have down time - some time to just think about the PRETTY PAPER or the COOL NEW TOOL or to put life into perspective. Sometimes it's hard to see the silver lining in things and then I sit and scrap and have an epithany - really that's how it works for me. I really believe in signs - as I scrap I think through my day, the week or even about the month and most times things will become clearer. I will finally get that comment he or she made or the weird phone call I got or the next big thing or crop that I need to do for the store. It really is weird but that's how it works for me - I am enlightened. I have the answer or maybe more questions to clarify things. I can breathe, solve, anticipate, correct, or just let it go - because god knows there are times where you just have to let it go, where you have to take a deep breath an move on with your life.

But, today is really one of those days, where I know that if I get that layout done, I will have an answer, I will know what to do next, I will continue to breath. So, yes I NEED to scrap. I NEED to do it. Okay and maybe some chocolate too. I NEED it.

Do you NEED it???

Respond to this blog entry and your answer could win you a gorgeous goodie bag. I'll give you all a week - how does next Sunday sound???

Write soon,

Dee

2 comments:

R. Dorrian6 said...

Is the question... Do I need to scrapbook or is the question do I need quiet time to meditate? I think either way the answer to the question is both yes and no. There are definately times I have to get a layout or scrapbook idea out of my head and onto paper. And those are the days when the layout "usually" comes together quickly (even if it means I don't start to work on it until everyone else has gone to bed).

But other times it's not so much needing to scrapbook as it is to do something creative with my hands without worrying or really caring about the finished project. To often when I am scrapbooking I am invested in the outcome of the project. Whereas if I just take out some paints or clay or beads or whatever to play around with(usually w/ the kids) and I'm not really invested in the final project, I find that it is during those times that my mind if freer to wander and find solutions to problems or come up with new ideas.

So yes there are definately times that I need to scrapbook. But there are other times where any crafty project that keeps my hands busy and lets my mind wander will work.
Renee

p.s. Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith is a great book for this kind of crative play.
http://www.amazon.com/Wreck-This-Journal-Keri-Smith/dp/039953346X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225651656&sr=8-1

Heather said...

Do I need Chocolate? Heck yeah! Or was the question, do I need to scrapbook? lol. Heck yeah to that one too! I have to have something creative to do! Or was the question do I have to have the quiet meditating scrapbook time? Definately, but that can be hard to come by! I definately need an outlet or my head would probably explode on a daily basis. I'd be in the paper with you Local mom of three and day care provider stabs parent with spork! lol But seriously, I NEED to scrapbook, and I live for times like the crops where I can get away from the daily grind and do it in peace!