Thursday, November 13, 2008

There's a party going on...

I am so excited about tomorrow's crop. There are a whole bunch of gals coming to celebrate with me. Although my birthday isn't until Saturday, I did not want to spend my birthday night with a whole bunch a ladies - you get what I am saying :)

So, for the first time in my life I am celebrating early - which for us superstitious Puerto Ricans is completely unheard of - I could die tomorrow and have celebrated something that didn't happen yet. But, what the heck this is my last year in my 30's. Then, I gladly move on to my 40's. Yippee.

Really, I do love being in my thirties and yes they were so much better than my twenties but I am a follower of Oprah's philosophy that it only get's better. So, I am looking forward to entering the next ten. I have to tell you that really, I have loved my 30's so much more than my 20's. Perhaps it was the uncertainty of being single, or still being in college, starting the first REAL job, trying to meet that "PERFECT" man - by the way there is no perfect man but that's a post for another time, etc.

Now, I am a bit more stable or perhaps unstable. I have 2 jobs that I really love, and the best kids in the world (when they are sleeping - LOL), and a great husband, not perfect, but great nonetheless, awesome friends, and a great life - wow I should scrap that. Unfortunately, we have had many losses these last 8 years, like my great grandma, my grandma, my cousin, my mother-in-law, my dad's surgeries, and many, many others but I was better able to handle them now than I ever could have ten years ago.

So, yep I am looking forward to what the 40's have in store but I am totally going to be celebrating this last year in my 30's starting with tomorrow's crop. So, check it out - this year we will have way more fun than ever. I'm giving this year the good old college try - so get ready for some partying. The fun is only starting tomorrow and next weekend the crop will be even better - I went a little crazy - you will never believe until you see it, so if you can't make it - a very limited number of kits will be available for purchase - and believe me you don't want to miss this -celebrate in style.

I want to thank everyone who has wished me a happy birthday. You guys rock.

As for Heather's question about the Prima order - you must see the viola felt and the transparent tape, or a little bling that came in from them - it's totally awesome.

Finally, the question about the designer challenge:
The kit contains $40 worth of product and we sell it for $25. You get several weeks to work on your projects from cards to altered, to layouts, to minialbums you choose what and how much you want to do. Then you submit it by the deadline which is December 16??? and we put it on the display shelves. Every single customer that comes in between December 17th and December 27th gets to vote everytime they make a purchase during that time. The designer with the most votes win and becomes a store designer - which means free goodies, opportunities to teach, and attend CHA Orlando and so much more!!!

Like I said there are no rules for your projects and their is no wrong way to scrapbook. So - crop on dude.

Several people have been known to purchase the kit because of how eclectic it is and how much you save. So, you can purchase the kit for the deals but let us know - because we would really like to have atleast 3 people in the competition to provide our customers with several choices.

Well, I'd better go the little angels are trying to kill each - not really but ohhh so close. Also, I did a layour last night that I am so proud of - I can't wait to show it off tomorrow.

Write soon,
Dee

3 comments:

R. Dorrian6 said...

Dee
Thought I'd share a couopn code for your favorite scrap mag "Scrapbook Trends" with you. According to an e-mail I received today if you enter in code "sb.com" you can save an extra 15% off any of the "trend" mags... Scrapbook Trends, Beads, Cards or Handmade.
Renee

ScrappyKel said...

So, will you be joining the 39 and "holding" pattern now?

Dee said...

NO WAY!

I'm getting old gracefully. Besides I've always looked older so that would definetely back fire on me.

TFA.