Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Listening to kids talk...

I am certain that I had an out of body experience yesterday. I sat down to have a late lunch with my kiddos and I swear I must not have been in the room, because of the conversation that transpired. They are my children - I bore them technically - maybe they were switched at the hospital. I don't know, but you definetely begin to wonder when you feel like I did. Are they only 11, 9, and 7. They were retelling their experiences at the water park the day before. I felt like I was sitting in a room with adults (which never happens when my kids are here). They were taking turns, and laughing about it all, friendly, active listening. It was scary. For a minute, okay 20 seconds, I was so proud of them - my constant nagging had had an effect. And then, my son blurted out that my beautiful, angelic, little princess had actually used my precious, priceless, invaluable cutter bee scissors to cut the skin off her orange. Yep, can you believe it? She used it to cut her orange...who's child is she??? what was i thinking??? them growing up??? my nagging working???

HaHAhaaaaaa....

Goes to show you no matter what you do sometimes they still come out crazy and to think she was a c-section OMG.

So, my challenge to you is to sit down and really listen to your kids, grandkids, etc. talk and then laugh because they really are darn funny. Who knows, maybe it can even be a title for your next layout or a perfect photo op.

Laugh OFTEN!

Write soon,
Dee

P.S. We have had a cancellation and we now have 3 spots available for all 3 days. Don't miss out.

No comments: