Friday, July 03, 2009

Can it be done...

can I hide out on blogger???

I have been up and hiding in my room for over an hour - (yes - I got to sleep late since I didn't go to bed till 2 am)and read my emails private and business, checked the accts, placed an order or two, and organized the over 100 photos I printed last night (hey - I was already up), you know the usual and I really want to scrap but I'm hungry - starving for that matter - but do I venture into the unknown??? Dare I walk where no other woman has walked before - my living room with the "crazy family"???
I love meeting people, talking to people, scrappin with people - but when those "people" are family that was inherited and not chosen I really lose my patience - my 20 year old said to me yesterday - "I have never heard so many stupid questions in my life" - yes this may be true but they are mostly florida questions like why does the water in my mom's new house smell???- anyone got a well??? but others are just things we assume people should know. Yet, it doesn't seem like they do - it's kind of who's on first with the 3 stooges - remember that - I feel like we are just repeating ourselves all day talking in circles...I love them to death but are we really related??? It goes to show you that children can be raised in the same household and be completely different.

Yet, across the generations we still find things that connect us to each other and it goes both ways - Last night, we took my aunt and her kids and my grandma to red lobster (My grandma's favorite - she could eat their everyday - every meal - me too) cool we had fun reminiscing our old childhood etc but then we went to Starbucks and they asked for a coffee okay how do you want it? sweet and with hazelnut (mind you I don't drink coffee I have never bought coffeee at starbucks - I am a strawberries and creme frappaccino girl (yum). I order the coffee and I get this hot huge container that I take to the car (no one who wanted coffee wanted to get out of the car to check the coffee out). They taste the coffee screaming it's black and it's not sweet - okay did you hear milk in the order - no??? did I put sugar??? no, I am not a coffee person - if you want milk aren't you supposed to tell me that??? plus I told the sales girl very sweet and she never ever said the sugar is behind you please help yourself - I assumed I told her sweet that she would make it sweet - I had to go in for milk - I had to go back in for sugar, I had to go back to throw out the trash from the coffee fiasco -omg - why did I ask if anyone wanted anything???? why oh why??? But, it goes to show you they assumed I knew about the milk - why would I know that? my mom drinks black coffee and that's her sister and mom I figured they must drink it black too since I didn't hear the words "milk", "half and half" , etc. See what assuming does... So the street goes both ways now - I guess I need to get out there and face the world...can't hide out in blogger all day long (darn it).

On a lighter note, today is Rebecca's birhtday - Happy Birthday Rebecca -WE LOVE YOU!!!

Finally, on the scrapping front - we still have some basic grey lemonade left (some of it is gone - sorry) so make sure you get in early next week to get your hands on it - also we still have some prima flowers and because they are nuts we got doubles of some stuff okay maybe I am nuts I liked some stuff so much that I reordered it without realizing it was on my back orders which shipped with it. SO, those of you who couldn't make it this week - you are in luck we've still got some good stuff left - so hurry in before it's all gone. Next week, we will continue our summer hours Tuesday-Thursday 9 till 4 and this Friday is our challenge party so it's 9 to 7and Saturday is 11 to 4. Tell us what you think of these times - are they good??? what sucks about them???

Finally, for real this time, don't forget our theme crop is this saturday coming...we are still taking names!

Write soon,
Dee
good for you??? we want to hear what you have to say!

No comments: