Monday, October 20, 2008

Yep, I'm Blogging again!

Hi Everyone,

I have the scrapbooking bug! Yep!

At this weekend's crop I got a ton of scraplifted layouts done. I am so proud of myself. The layouts look great and took mininal time because I didn't have to think about it. It was hit and run scrappin.

But, the funniest thing is it took a newbie (Zuly) to tell me something I never realized before - I am a quiet scrapper. Although I love all the social aspects of scrappin in a group - I am a listener by nature. As everyone talked including John Tish I listened and scrapped my heart away. But, it didn't end there - I went home and after sleeping part of the day away - I made another 4 layouts yesterday and I am still inspired - so who knows how many I will create this week. As for the paper I used, it was crate papers 2 latest lines - lemongrass and prudence. I am in love with both of them. They are gorgeous and selling fast - so don't miss out - there are plenty of samples for you to scraplift so don't forget your camera, too.

As for the newbie update - our latest customer of the month winner is Natalia - she is a brand new scrapper and now she's entitled to 15% off all her purchases for the month of November - but the catch is I need 8 layouts for the customer of the month display. Which are due by October 31st - get crackin Natalia!

Another newbie item - they were just contagious - they were so excited to win prizes - it was just hysterical. It reminded me of what it felt like when I first started scrapbooking - awesome but a bit scary. It's so refreshing to see that kind of energy - scrapbooking should be fun - it should not be a tool of torture. So, if the fun has been sucked out of it for you - stop what you are doing and think about why you do, or look back through some old layouts and read the journaling or just read between the lines. Scrapbooking is meant to be fun. So find your happy place and get a scrappin'.

But, if you can't find the old mojo come to our freebie crop this Friday and let us inspire you - I promise you ideas to keep you going throughout the holiday season. If not the crops on us - oh that's right the crop is free. Heehee! Which leads me to my final tip for today (straight from John Tish) laughter helps keep colds away - I don't know how but it's true. So, if nothing else at least you'll laugh your butt off and keep that cold at bay!

Happy Scrappin,

Dee

No comments: