Sunday, August 12, 2007

Just minutes away.

Hi Everyone,

It's hard to believe that I am just minutes away from going back to my "real job". Okay, paying job. It is really hard to run a business and teach at the same time. But, I've got to pay my dues.

On a happier note, I am completely sold out for the CHA Crop and am currently taking names for the wait list. And we still have 2 weeks left. Yippee. Not for nothing, but I love the big crops. As much as I like to complain that I don't get anything done, I love the games, and the questions, and giving prizes away. I want everyone to love the store. I want people to have fun. I love to be the life of the party and get everyone all riled up. Okay, that's the Puerto Rican in me, but I think it's starting to rub off on some of you. I know it. Who doesn't love to win? Anybody? Anybody at all?

Last night, we cropped and I actually got a lot done, about 5 layouts. Another Yippee. and, I got to use my new Technique Tuesday stamps. Actually, I think I used them on every single layout. I'm in a stamping phase.

I also was talking to Diana about some plans for the store. But, I want your input. I was thinking about doing some of the following (please be honest and tell me what you think):

Painting the store's floor to match the crop room.
Knocking the wall down in the kids room and putting a sofa in and turning it into a cozy little nook.
Finishing the rails in the store, to show off more layouts.
Adding more slat walls upstairs for additional paper racks.
Taking the wall paper down in the bathroom.
Painting the bathroom and upscaling it.
Tinting the smaller front window.

This is just for starters. I think it's the ADHD aspect in me that is always changing things around. But, isn't change good?

Well, I'd better go, I have a billion things to do, including taking my corner down. No more corner for me. I'll be in on Thursday - Sundays and on any day we receive deliveries (okay at the pace we are receiving stuff lately, I will probably be in everyday for the next 3 months), but I can handle it. I am superwoman. NOT. Just wishful thinking. A subliminal message to myself. LOL.

Now, I really have to go, I have a page in mind I want to do, before I pack it in.

Stop by and see me on my last day of FREEDOM.

Adios,

Dee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What awesome ideas!
Love the thought of more paper and a pretty bathroom. I can just see you filling upstairs with lots more paper (hee hee).

I like the idea of tinting the windows too. It will help with the heat coming into the store, just be careful how dark you go as it will make the store a lot darker, especially on dreary, raining days. We tinted our bonus room windows because it gets soooo hot, but now it's really dark even during the middle of the day.

An idea for you...I'd like to see something similiar to your customer of the month spot, that features the teachers and their upcoming classes with the dates and times by the samples. So when there is a sample that you like you know when the class is going to be and you don't miss it. :)

An in fairytale land I'd love it if there was a dedicated "kitchen" area. I know space is limited, but at crops I worry for you when I see the food right next to the pretty supplies and $$ toys like the cricket and sewing machine. It reminds me of the phrase my mom use to say an accident waiting to happen.

Can't wait to see all the new stuff you have in store for us!