Thursday, July 19, 2007

OMG! I'm Here!

Hi Everyone,

You ladies know that I appreciate every single one of you all the time and that I appreciate your business. BUT, today I am getting to the real nitty gritty. Yesterday, on the drive over from NYC we were caught in the worst rain storm ever in Indiana, which is tornado country. I was out of mind with fear. OMG had my addiction (Scrapbooking) really caused me to jeopardize my children's lives. God, quickly reminded me who was in charge...WHO THE Boss is.

As many of you know, I am not the preachy type when it comes to worship and I really don't care if he is your God, Jesus, Mohmmed or goes by any other name. It's the fact that you believe that matters, that things are upto someone else. That's why I am writing. What ever your faith, yesterday was the day that restored mine. I really thought we were in dire straits. My husband finally agreed to pull over into a rest stop to wait out the storm and risk losing our reservations. We decided to stop on a rest area that had Pizza Hut (my fav) and KFC (my man's fav). We walk in and the guys are cleaning up at Pizza Hut and KFC. The only thing left was McDonald's (which we'd had quite a few times this week. But, what is a girl to do. We ordered (a huge order to feed 7 of course) and I left my husband to pay the bill, while I took the girls to the bathroom. As soon as we stepped a foot in the bathroom the lights go out. They flick back on through a generator a few minutes later. Then, after we are all done, we head out to the McD's and they have NO power - thus no FOOD. The manager offers us what she has some apple pies, chicken selects, and waters (my husband and I who are addicted to DIET - no power - NO Diet.- AUUUUGGGHHH.) We are taking our time eating and as we finish, water starts to drip out of the drop ceiling next to the LIGHTS. What are we going to do know...I have a fear of being electrocuted-my feet are tingling as I type it. Then, we hear that there is a tornado headed our way. I can't tell you how fast the 7 of us got out of there. I was not going to die in Indiana...not a tornado...nah,uh. As someone who doesn't attend church regurlarly I pray almost every night at home on my own. But, yesterday, I prayed for my children's lives, to make it to Chicago. I just knew that once we got here it would be okay. And God heard my prayers. I actually prayed that if anyone needed to die that it should be me, to please spare my children and their father. I know, it sounds kind of crazy. But, the rain was so bad, we could hardly see a foot in front of us. That didn't stop the TRUCKS. They were going speed limit - 70 mph. Splashing water on us, around us, everywhere. It was just SCARY. And being a New yorker I don't scare much and now living in Lehigh I don' t scare easy...it's just an animal honey - go back to bed (that's what I always say). Wow, was I mistaken! But, I digress...off the pulpit I go.

Has this happened to any of you? Have you had an experience similar to mine? Do you think I'm crazy? Tell me what you think? Am I right or what?

But, I haven't stopped yet, I was inspired with a great idea for a Scrapbooking your faith class.
Since, once again, God has inspired me!

Details will be coming soon. But, you'd better save the date. Your Fith should be in your books.


Well, I'd better go, I still have to mark my targets on the biggest Floor Plan I have ever seen. I need to hit my top ten tomorrow. And get ready for the next ten.

Don't forget...stop by and take advantage of the big sale this week. Remember that the sale ends sunday and BRAND NEW SPANKING ITEMS will start arriving shortly (some as soon as Friday...that's right next friday.

Oh and I wanted to tell everyone that Technique Tuesday has also offered up some items for our Anniversary Crop. It is already in the mail for DOOR PRIZES. You croppers are sure going to be happy. IT's going to be huge.


Well I really have to go.


Dee

No comments: