Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Designer Mojo...

Yesterday afternoon was our very first designer crop event. All 7 ladies plus myself(unfortunately Sharon had a family emergency and couldn't make it after all) scheduled our very first sample palooza and that is what we got. I am so excited for everyone to see the incredible samples that they did. It was a marathon - the diehards left at almost 12:30. Can you believe that?

We got all of these done:
Jen E 2 + one that needs photo
Renee 3 + 2 pager she is finishing up tonight
Jen S 6 + one that needs photo
Ines 6
Kellie 6
Rebecca 7
Dee 8
that's over 40 layouts if you count the photoless. Plus, we shared some of the BRAND NEW THICKERS that are arriving today for Fridays crop and you would not believe how many titles the ladies made with the same alphabet pack. We even did layouts with each other's scraps. I did most of my layouts from scraps the girls had left from their samples. I love when I can get something done with the scraps. Athough all of the samples are not made from paper that we have right now for the crop - we do have most of it and all the thickers we used. The paper we don't have we expect within the next couple of weeks. So, be on the lookout for all the new stuff that will be arriving almost daily. Also, don't forget we are not opening till 3 pm on Friday - I have to pick up Vicki at the airport and we have some last minute details to finish up here.

Finally, I am expecting some more goodies to arrive today - I will update after ups man comes to vist - which is after 11 am. He is really not going to like me today - I think the box from American Crafts alone is 60 pounds!!! Oops, almost forgot I was told Prima sent a second goodie box - scheduled to arrive Friday - but with their crappy service I won't believe it until I see it. Keep your fingers crossed if it arrives it should be a good one.

Write soon,
Dee

No comments: