Thursday, June 12, 2008

June Challenge

Hi Everyone,
I know I have been lax in my updating of this page, but the end of the school year can do that to you. With the last day of school just a few days away...I am so glad to say that I will spend a lot more time in the store catering to your every need (okay, with more scrapbooking on the side, of course).
But I digress, I am here to tell you what our next challenge is, so read on....
As I sit here thinking about the end of the year, a smile crosses over my face as I think about all the progress my students and my own children have made this year. This has been an awesome year. My baby girl is finally reading well, my 4th grader is reading for pleasure, and my 2nd grader is finally in the honor roll. It has been a real battle this year, but darn it it was well worth it. I wouldn't change a thing. A few months ago my second oldest, Albert, asked me, if I could change anything what would it be. I thought about this for a few seconds and quickly blurted out "Nothing...I like who I am right now, this moment in my life. I am so lucky. Besides, if I changed something it might mean that I wouldn't have any of you and that would not be right with me."
At 38, I have to admit that I have weighed the pros and cons of my life and I am so sure that this is exactly where I want to be. I wouldn't change a thing. The good, the bad and the ugly have made me who I am. And who I am is pretty lucky...broke, exhausted, stretched thin, tired, cranky, oh but so LUCKY.
Darn it, it's been a good year.
So, where's the challenge, you might ask, keep on reading...
I challenge you to do the same, create a layout that tell me what makes you you...
the coffee before sunrise, to the sound of the ocean while you sleep, or just your love of chocolate ( this one is going on my list). What makes you YOU. My layout will be up by the 30th - so e-mail me a jpeg or bring it in for me to photograph. All entries will be posted on this page next month.
Have fun.
Winner will be picked at random from all entries made and will recieve an ADORABLE mini tote.
Talk soon,
Dee

No comments: